Sage appeared along with his father in the 1990 film Rocky 5 playing Rocky’s son, Robert Balboa. He was Sylvester’s son from his first marriage to Sasha Czack.
Sylvester Stallone’s 36-year-old son was found dead in his Studio City, California home on Friday.
The aspiring filmaker is said to have overdosed on pills and coroner’s officials are investigating if it was accidental or suicide, according to TMZ.
Sage was dead in his room for a minimum of 3 days and possibly as long as a week … according to the news site.
Reportedly Sage “lived like Howard Hughes” … he often spent days in his room which was “littered with junk,” including an enormous number of cigarette butts, beer and soda cans, and food.
His death is a suspected drug overdose as two drawers filled with various pill bottles were found at the scene.
Sources say Sage was living like a hermit … no one had spoken with him since a week ago Friday. Although the housekeeper had been there earlier this week, she had specific ongoing instructions never to enter Sage’s room and to not even bother knocking on his door.
One law enforcement source called the room “disgusting,” saying it reeked of various smells.
Sage’s mother called the housekeeper yesterday after being unable to reach him, asking her to stop by and check on him. That’s when she discovered the body.
It’s pretty clear from the evidence seen by law enforcement that Sage’s death was an accident.
His father, 66, who was at the Comic Con film convention in San Diego yesterday, is ‘devastated’ and ‘grief-stricken’, his publicist said today.
R.I.P.. Wonder what his problem was that he needed to do drugs..